9/14/08

Vicenta



Hi my name is Vicenta. This is me on my summer trip to Spain.






I suppose the one places that is most important to me, mostly because it’s been a constant throughout my life, is Bloor St. (in Toronto, specifically between Christie and Spadina). This is the area I have always lived in. I am a city girl through and through and I can’t really see myself ever living somewhere that wasn’t a big city (though you never know). I’ve been living in the Annex area since I was born; most of my close friends are also in the neighborhood. There are restaurants and a movie theater, cafes, stores; pretty much everything I need to survive.
I think the feel of area has remained pretty much the same throughout my lifetime (though in recent years it seems to be loosing it’s charm for me), except maybe for the sudden trend in Japanese restaurants that took over the street some years ago. I think that things will stay relatively the same, businesses come and go all the time, apparently when my parents first came to town Hungarian restaurants were the craze, so who knows what’ll be next. In 10 years Bloor St. will still be there, but I probably wont.

1 comment:

veronica said...

I really liked reading your post because I've lived in this area my whole life too and never really thought about how interesting it really is. It definately has everything you need and more! I guess living somewhere your whole life, you don't really notice the exciting restaurants, villages, stores and theatres. And especially in this area so much has changed!