9/23/08

Sasha's Foot print calculater


To be honest, i was expecting my results to be better. Though the quiz is very interesting and nicely designed, I felt that there were flaws in some of the questions. Specifically, I felt that they should have given the option to choose "used clothing" in refrence to the clothing question. I buy lots of clothing, however everything with the exception of undies and socks is bought at thrift and used clothing stores and I feel like that may have changed my estimate mildly. However
the quiz is a true eye opener.
Some of the things i would like to begin doing to lower my global footprint :
-reduce time spent in the shower to 5 mintues
-change shower head to a low flow shower head
- recycle everything!
-Get bio-degratable doggie bags
- Used found or recycled materials in my art as frequently as possible!

No comments: