9/16/08

stephanie mancini



hi everyone! my name is stephanie mancini,
and im a second year advertising student. the image I chose to share was a snapshot of a charro dancer in an annual carnival held in Papalotla, Mexico. Papalotla (although a boring little town) is a very special place for me. I was born in Toronto, but spent my first year of life there with my grandparents. I loved going because the culture really attracted and inspired me. The town is tiny! and everyone knows everyones business and you eventually get used to the smell of cows and horses. But the really old buildings,cobblestone roads, churches and lively colours and friendly people really make this town a special place. I predict that in 10 years time, the town will modernize and buildings, roads and shops will be rebuilt but keep with the integrity of the town itself. I also see the town evolving to meet and keep up with the lifestlye of those who live there. Sadly after my grandparents passed away, I haven't had the oportunity to visit, and I probably wont for a long time, so when the day comes I know the town I once knew will be renewed and have completely changed.

No comments: