9/13/08

Hi, I'm Gwen

I am Gwen and this is a picture of me in my kitchen.












This is my turtle Roger. She is a six year old Red-earred Slider and I have had her since she was the size of a timbit. Now she is bigger than my hand, and I spoil her as much as you can possibly spoil a turtle. I built her a fancy new tank last year, and all she will eat is fish and shrimp, so that is all I feed her. I talk to her and sometimes I let her explore the kitchen floor. She has murdered another turtle named Micheal, two goldfish and a beta fighter. I did some research and apparently, if properly cared for, Red-earred Sliders can live for fourty years. I'm fairly sure that in ten years I will still be cutting up shrimp and changing green water and cooing over a much larger and more neurotic Roger.

2 comments:

veronica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
veronica said...

cute comparison...size of a timbit.Clearly your turtle doesn't want you to give any special treatments to other pets, which is why she revealed her violent side