9/11/08

Brett Ramsay




I love bananas. They can be made into banana bread, blended into a smoothie or simply eaten, as is. Not to mention, they are a great source of potassium. Naturally, I was devastated to hear that they will likely be extinct within ten years. Hopefully they will be able to be genetically modified in order to preserve them, however a bucket load of ethical issues come up when we mess with genetic modification. Personally, I’m okay with it, so long as I can continue to enjoy the taste of them without ingesting carcinogens.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2664373.stm

Oh, that's a picture of me eating some pita bread.

1 comment:

david said...

I can't imagine a world without bananas. I can't imagine a world without arctic ice either. It's happening now, already, and too fast.

To make the urgent changes in our thinking and way of life is a supersized PITA, but we must follow your example and bravely chomp our way through. It's not easy but it's the only way.

btw I like to freeze mine and then blenderize them into banana "ice cream".