9/20/08

Footprints by; Brett


I don't know how to get that picture thing but the quiz told me that we would need three and a half Earths to support everyone if they all lived like me. Now, I don't consider myself the "greenest" person but I certainly don't think I'm wasteful - I recycle, I walk everywhere; this quiz seemed a little too "doomsday" for me. So, I took the quiz again, only this time I was a vegan, living off the land in a home designed to be green. I never drove a car, or a motorcycle, never took public transportation or flew on any planes. I never bought anything, nor did I do anything. Still, it showed that we would need 2.5 Earths. This all just seems a little too hopeless for my liking. Regardless, I will attempt to reduce the size of my ecological footprint by trying to eat more locally produced fruits and vegetables.

No comments: