9/16/08

Katie Lau




HiHi~My name is Katie. My friend (Kathriene Chu, one of our "think tank" classmates,) took this picture for me when we were in Hong Kong this summer.








Causeway Bay is a place in Hong Kong that is important to me. I lived in Causeway Bay for 17 years, now I am in Canada, but whenever I go back to Hong Kong I still live there. My kindergarden, primary and secondary school are in Causeway Bay, that is why many of my memories are from Causeway Bay. Causeway Bay is like the downtown of Hong Kong, there are many shopping malls and restaraunts. This summer I went back to Hong Kong and I went shopping almost everyday in Causeway Bay, I bought many things there and ate many delicous foods, such as fish balls and stinky tofu. Causeway Bay is also a famous tourist attraction so everyone who goes to Hong Kong must also go to Causeway Bay.

However, there are somethings that I don't like about Causeway Bay. Firstly, Causeway Bay has too many people(, as you can see from the picture to the left). The second thing is the quality of the air there, it has too much pollution. I think that Causeway Bay will be the same in 10 years as it is now, since in the past 20 years Causeway Bay has always been crowded with shopping malls opening and closing, and reconstructing and renovating. The only difference is that in 10 years it will be even more crowded and the air pollution will get even worse. However, Causeway Bay will always be Causeway Bay, no matter how big the changes are, I still love it.

No comments: