9/9/08

Rachel De Vries, The Comfort Maple and I......

This is the Comfort Maple Tree, the site is conserved and situated near the Town of Pelham(my home town). The Sugar Maple is most likely the oldest maple tree in Canada aging more then 500 years old. I use to visit this tree alot when I lived at home because it has great integrity and a fine example of Canadian tradition and the past. The tree is decaying but the wonderful people the the niagara peninsula conservation authority is preserving the limbs with cables and re-constructing the base trunk. Here's a link: http://www.conservationniagara.on.ca/conservation_areas/comfortmaple/maple.html
In ten years I could see the comfort maple cut down, one can only survive for so long, but most likely this example of fine canadian heritage will be turned into some expensive furniture by a renowned canadian furniture designer.....
This is me in my studio with our awesome reflective globe from active surplus....a great way to see your mess at once and reminder to clean up, the story of my life.....

No comments: