9/22/08

Alexandra's Footprint

Apparently if everyone lived with my life style, there would be need for 4.6 planet earths. I had a feeling it would be high, however not this high. I knew that living in the suburbs would take a toll on the overall result, and by the looks of the pie chart; almost a quarter is taken up by shelter. I realize a smaller house would be more energy efficient however, with the grounds that my family does own, my dad has established our entire backyard, front yard and boulevard into a vast garden with over 10 mature, mostly carnivorous, trees amongst it. No grass or need to mow grass at my home. I probably could reduce the amount of magazines I buy, and perhaps subscribe to the Globe and Mail online rather than in print each day. I already take transit to and from school everyday, and usually to work as well, however yes ever so often I do take car rides, however I always carpool, and I mean hey I live in the suburbs, things are even further away then they seem.

No comments: