9/17/08

Cherry Tree and Me







Hey everyone my name is Veronica Orozco, I'm an ED student who loves taking pictures of everything…





...this is a recent picture of the cherry tree in the backyard of my dad’s house (I managed to find a lonely rotten cherry hanging on a small branch). This tree is important to me because it’s been in my backyard forever. Every summer when the cherries are ready to pick, my family and I would get out the ladders, climb the tree and pick all the cherries we could reach. We’d never get the ones at the very top, the birds and squirrels usually ate those ones and me being afraid of heights I wasn’t a huge fan of climbing the ladder super high. Every year I’ve noticed our cherries aren’t as amazing as they use to be, they went from juicy, red, plump cherries to smaller, light toned and less yummy ones. So instead of eating them, my dad just makes cherry wine. The branches of the tree are also not as lively. It’s sad to think that my cherry tree may be wilting of old age, but I sure hope its there in 10 years!

………if not I’ll have to plant a replacement

No comments: