9/9/08

Haomin Yuan, Central Park

My name is Haomin Yuan. The image I chose was something I took from Central Park, NYC. I couldn't take a picture of the whole park, as it is as they say there are "250 acres of lawn to mow". It is a beautiful park with many hidden treasures - from an amphitheater to turtles in the grass. Entering the Central Park was like entering a whole new world outside of NYC. It is serene, stoic, and quiet. I have never been to a place quite like it. It was quite inspirational being in that place.

In 10 years time, I am hoping that people will continue to donate to the Central Park Conservancy to help maintain the park, and keep it as beautiful as now. However, I also see the city closing in on the park, and trampling onto its territory. Who knows, we might even see high rises jutting out of the tree lines in the park, while small paths become replaced with busy roads.

No comments: