11/11/08


I am doing the research on exterior environments, and the parts that I have to research are paving, sidewalk and cross walk. I do the research on the city of chicago, the greenest city in North America. In Chicago, the government provide a very nice environment for people to get out and use the public space. Such as they will have a program called sidewalk cafe, which is to let the restaurant to extend their place outside to the sidewalk, to let costumer sit outside the restaurant and enjoy the weather. Therefore it will make a great use of the sidewalk. And for the cross walk, I find in Japan there is a very smart way to save up people time. I found a video on youtube that shows how smart the cross walk works for people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGKnGthGK4M

No comments: