11/25/08

AGO

A trip to a re-designed AGO was an amazing experience. I especially like the spiral staircase in the main hall which is a very strong and powerful focal point and to me it seems like almost a divine structure. I can only wonder where it leads. I like the arrangement of gallery spaces because it provides flexibility of taking different paths. The use of materials i think is very strong and at the same time elegant. The wood creates this warm atmosphere that is hard to resist and that main hallway facing Dundas street is a really great space to just move around and observe.

I liked the installation gallery...the piece i was moved by was the video of a first-person view from a train in motion through the winding railway tracks. It had an almost hypnotic power over me and i spent quite a few minutes watching it.

No comments: