11/21/08

AGO! Ashley James

So on Wednesday we had our class trip the the AGO. After hearing that the renovation was designed by Frank Gehry I was really excited to see the finished product. After walking through all the gallery's and looking at all the the different art pieces, I found that I was more interested in the building it self as opposed to anything else. My favorite space was the 'Galleria Italia' which is located on the second floor. It was so open and spacious. It was the only part that really Incorporated natural lighting which I love. I guess that explains why I am in the Environmental Design program as opposed to art. I must admit there were some interesting pieces but I have to say the gallery, 'Galleria Italia' is a space that draws you to it. Overall I had a really great time and plan on making many more trips to look at anything that I may have missed this time.

No comments: